Music is a universal language shared by all people. This common ground allows choristers in Phoenix Children’s Chorus to create meaningful connection with other from around the world. Through national and international travel, we use performance to express ourselves while learning about the lives of different people and cultures. PCC tours open the world to our choristers allowing them to expand their community and world view far beyond our city, helping them to become global citizens in the future.
CREATING GLOBAL CITIZENS THROUGH DIVERSE TRAVEL
It was through music that I found my passion: social work. We sang songs that highlighted struggle, hope, and the human experience. The music opened our minds to diverse but also universal experiences. Being part of PCC's touring choir taught me to be professional and open minded; and allowed me to learn about the world around me. The tours were wonderful opportunities to learn lifelong skills such as collaboration, leadership, and punctuality.
PCC Class of 2016
Social Worker, International Rescue Committee
Each performance tour at Phoenix Children's Chorus is designed to provide powerful musical, cultural, and personal experiences for each chorister.
• Experience domestic and international destinations and people designed to broaden cultural understanding and musical experiences
• Develop relationships and cultural understanding through exchanges and collaborations with local singers, community groups, educators, and audiences
• Learn and demonstrate the cooperative skills required to successfully prepare for and execute a domestic or international concert tour
• Endeavor to inspire audiences through meaningful performance
• Interact with highly respected musicians and conductors through workshops and clinics
• Attend performances given by outstanding domestic and international arts organizations
• Exemplify excellence in music education occurring in the State of Arizona and the United States to the domestic or international community
• Represent the City of Phoenix, the State of Arizona, and the United States in promoting goodwill and cultural understanding
|UPCOMING TOURS |
Performances in Madrid, Seville, & Barcelona
Bravo choristers travel annually to southern California to participate in the Choirs of America Festival. During the festival our choristers perform in professional concert venues, interact with choirs from around the country, and work with internationally renowned clinicians. Additionally, choristers attend local performances and visit their favorite theme park.
Canto experiences a one-day choral workshop in Flagstaff or Tucson each spring working with an outstanding local conductor. The also spend time exploring local attractions and bonding as a community of singers.
|PAST TOURS |
1999 Los Angeles, California with performance at Crystal Cathedral
2000 Austria including World Choir Games
2001 Los Angeles, California with performance at Crystal Cathedral
2003 Ennis, Ireland with Phoenix Sister Cities
2004 Germany including World Choir Games
2005 San Antonio, Texas with performance at Alamo Plaza
2006 Washington DC & New York City with performance at St Paul’s Chapel
2007 St. Petersburg, Russia with performance at Glazunov Concert Hall
2008 Hermosillo, Mexico with Phoenix Sister Cities
2009 Burlington, Vermont & Montreal, Canada including Vermont Festival
2010 Beijing, Xian, & Shanghai, China with performance at Xi’an Concert Hall
2011 Chicago, Illinois including collaboration with Chicago Children’s Choir
2012 Rome & Catania, Italy with Phoenix Sister Cities
2014 Eugene, Oregon including Picfest
2015 Buenos Aires, Argentina with performance at Basílica del Santísimo Sacramento
2016 Salt Lake City, Utah including collaboration with One Voice Children’s Choir
2017 New York City, New York with performance at Carnegie Hall
2019 Denver, Colorado including Sing a Mile High Festival
2021 San Diego, California including collaboration with San Diego Children’s Choir